Dr. Peter J. Oliva received his M.D. degree in 1989 from James H. Quillen College of Medicine at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, TN, after completing his undergraduate education at East Tennessee State University. His post-graduate training included an initial two years of general surgery residency at Boston University in Boston, MA, after which he completed his his residency at James H. Quillen College of Medicine back in his home town of Johnson City. Dr. Oliva then completed a plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA.
Dr. Oliva's professional memberships include:
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Laser Medicine
- Clinton County Medical Society
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Southern Medical Association
- Wilderness Medical Society